Each HATCH application will be scored and reviewed by the HATCH selection committee.
HATCH is a UBC-wide initiative focussed on entrepreneurship and company building. What that means is seamless integration when working with e@UBC.
GREAT COMPANIES ARE BUILT AT HATCH.
BE ONE OF THEM
Register your venture with e@UBC.
Enroll in e@UBC programs
for your venture to
– Business model validation
– Product market fit.
Is HATCH for you?
Apply to HATCH From your e@UBC ventures dashboard.
*Please note: You will be taken to your e@UBC venture dashboard to access HATCH application
- You must have an UBC- affiliation, one member of your team must be: a. UBC student b. Faculty c. Staff d. Alumni within the past 5 years
- You must have registered a venture with entrepreneurship@UBC
- You must be a technology-focused venture with a prototype
- You must have more than one full time member working on the venture with a minimum of two leads – one in technology and one in business
Each HATCH application will be scored according to the following criteria, and reviewed by the HATCH selection committee.
1. Significant innovation or patents with technology
Looking for the competitive advantage of your venture
2. Funds raised
Looking for your current level of financial resources (eg. Grants, angels, VCs)
3. Industry partnerships formed
This can be pilot studies that are underway, or industry partnerships
4. Advisory board formation
In addition to your management team, we are looking at your advisory board composition
5. Product development stage
Looking at the current stage of your prototype development
6. Significant market size
Demonstrate clear understanding and analysis of your market size
7. Clear target market
Demonstrate clear understanding and analysis of your target market, market size and growth
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT CONSIDERATION
8. Completion of accelerator programs
Significant advantage to take part of the e@UBC’s Lean Launch Pad program
9. Entry into Venture Builder program
HATCH ventures should be at the venture building stage, ideally already in the e@UBC Venture Builder Program
10. Mentor Engagement
Consistency of engagement and involvement with mentors
11. Team Formation
Quality and number of management team and founders
Demonstrated ability to take feedback and follow mentor guidance
NON-NEGOTIABLE HATCH REQUIREMENTS
Each HATCH venture will be admitted to stay up to 12 months.
Each HATCH venture will be required to follow by the HATCH Handbook given upon acceptance into the program. In addition, we would like to stress that participation and engagement with the HATCH community is essential, and the following programs are required upon entry.
*Ventures maybe asked to leave after each subsequent 8-week check-in if engagement and participation feedback is unsatisfactory or milestones are not reached